Hill County Electric is proud to offer a unique opportunity to rural communities. Recruiting and retaining good, quality educators in rural schools is a significant problem in Montana. HCE will annually present an area teacher with a $1,500 award through our Teacher Appreciation Program (renewable one-time) to a current or incoming educator who teaches at a Class B or smaller school district in HCE’s service area. Funds may be matched by one of HCE’s partner companies.
- Teach in a B or smaller school district
- Award is paid after completing the school year
- Teacher does not have to be a member or member-dependent
- Letter of Interest
- Introduce yourself and your area of study
- Explain what influenced your decision to become a teacher
- Convey why you currently teach or want to teach in a rural community
- Any other qualifications or interests that you think we should know about you.
- Positions of leadership
- Previous awards received
- Participation in group activities
- Community service
- Explain how a $1,500 award (renewable one-time) would encourage you to stay in your rural community for the next two years.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Current Teachers - Include one letter of recommendation from your principal or other administrator
- Incoming Teacher – Include one letter from someone related to your study of education
- Contact Information
Applications Must be Received by 3/1
Awards will be paid out in August after confirmation of teaching from B, C or smaller school administrator in our service area.