Power of Technology Grants for Schools Program
The mission of Hill County Electric Cooperative (HCE) is to provide our members and customers with high quality, reliable and safe electric services and associated products at competitive prices, now and in the future. Using advanced technology when available and cost-effective, we strive to exceed the expectations of our customers by giving uncompromising customer service based on core principles of cooperation, mutual respect and appreciation for their patronage.
HCE is committed to enhancing educational opportunities for rural youth. The Power of Technology Grants for Schools Program provides grants of up to $2,500 to rural schools within the HCE service area. Grants will be made to eligible applicants for projects that are focused on enhancing classrooms and the learning environment through upgrades, new purchases and installations of technology equipment, software, networking and related activities.
- HCE will consider all qualified educational institutions operating with the HCE service area that includes parts of Hill, Blaine, Liberty, Fergus and Chouteau counties. Grant awards are limited to five per year with one per organization and will be given on a first come first serve basis.
- Those receiving grants may be eligible to apply and receive subsequent grant awards if funds are available and no other first time applicants apply.
- Only requests for physical improvements, equipment purchases, services, software or academic program materials will be considered. Funds will not be awarded for operating expenses, salaries or fees for professional instructors or guest speakers.
- While we seek to support a wide range of educational activities, grants will generally be made to those applicants that have the greatest opportunity for positively affecting the communities we serve, relate to our company’s mission and are focused on enhancing academic instruction through the use of innovative technology and that would otherwise not be funded through traditional school budgets and public funds.
Evaluation Considerations include:
- Whether the applicant is in the geographic area served by HCE.
- The perceived effectiveness and the need for the project or activity relative to the company’s mission and grant purpose.
- What funds are available to HCE at the time the request is received.
All applications will be considered as received. Applicants will receive a response within 30 days of review by the Board of Trustees. Grant recipients must complete a Power of Technology Grant results report and submit to HCE upon completion of funded project.
2014 Grant Cycle Closed